- To succeed at applying for scholarships and financial aid, you need to consider these three questions:
1) Are you committed? In order words, are you willing to put in the effort towards applying for scholarships and financial aid?
2) Are you available? To get the best financial aid and scholarship results, you will need to make a time commitment each week as you progress through your senior year of high school. You should consider applying for scholarships as your year-round, full-time job as a high school senior. You will need self discipline and motivation to complete the course and continuously apply for scholarships and financial aid.
3) Are you coach-able? Sedgwick can tell you about the various financial aid and scholarship options and guide you step-by-step through the financial aid process, but you will have to do the work and take action. Sedgwick can’t do it for you.
- Try and study for 2- 3 days per week and get into a routine of trying to study at the same time on each day.
- For best learning results do not study for more than 2 hours per day and take regular breaks at least every 30 minutes. You can login and out of the course at any time.
- Study in a quiet place where you can take the course without any distractions. If at home then keep the door closed to the room for peace and quiet if others are at home.
- Tell your friends and relatives you are searching and applying for scholarships and financial aid for college and completing the FASW Online course as they will help to motivate you and be more understanding if you do not have as much free time as normal.
- Make sure you understand each lesson’s content and be ready to take the quiz at the end of each lesson. Each quiz can be taken as many times as needed until it has been passed, however you must complete each quiz in one sitting.
- Keep your own notes as you read the information on the screen, this will help you remember and also assist you in completing each quiz.